WOOHOO! Here it is everyone! My Niagara Falls post.
ARE YOU EXCITED?!?
Good, lets jump right into it.
If you are traveling to Niagara Falls here are a few precautions-
- If driving, be very cautious because the traffic is heavy. Also, on the large highways, try to stay in the middle lane (even though it is scary), because the far lane will usually be cut off, and you don’t want to be THAT GUY.
- Parking is a bitch. The parking garages can charge you anywhere between $15-20, maybe more. TIP: If you aren’t too lazy, park at the Aquarium (IT’S FREE). It is kind of a far walk to the other attractions, but it is right along the gorge, so at least it’s scenic!
- If you are going to be there all day, I’d recommend packing a lunch. Prices are way inflated because it’s a major tourist attraction. The Park has a lot of grassy knolls you can chill out on and eat a sandwich. BUT if you are lazy, like me, they have a few hotdog vendors on the streets too!
- If you are American and visitng, GET YOUR FREAKING PASSPORT. It really sucks when you can’t cross the border because the Canadian side has the BEST views of the falls. Plus, the Canadian side looks way more fun (they have a casino, a waterpark, a ferris wheel, and the Skylon Tower!!)
Okay, so when I went up to Niagara Falls we were at the Aquarium, but decided to drive over to go on the Maid of the Mist. Worst mistake ever, ended up costing us $15 to park, and the parking garage was a freaking maze.
Also, finding the place to buy tickets was also really confusing, they should put up some more signs or something.
Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend going on the Maid of the Mist (American Side), or the other boat on the Canadian Side. I wouldn’t have been able to take hardly any good photos without going on the ride. WARNING: you will get soaked on this if you don’t wear the poncho they give you. Best attraction they have, in my opinion.
Some other attractions include: Cave of the Winds Tour and the Niagara Gorge Hiking Trek. I don’t have a lot of info on these, but visit their website at niagarafallsstatepark.com.
Alright, time for pictures!!
(P.S. click on the pictures to view them in a gallery setting!)
I really wish I had been able to cross the border and get some better pictures, but I vow to return next summer (by myself) and journey into Canada….maybe a road trip?
- Niagara Aquarium: $11 Adult, FREE PARKING
- Maid of the Mist: $17 Adult
- Cave of the Winds: $14 Adult
- Discovery Center: $3 Adult
- Adventure Theater: $12 Adult
- Observation Tower: $1 Adult (Included in the Maid of the Mist Admission)
- IF you plan on doing it all purchase the Discover Pass for only $38 a person. This gets you access and admission to all the things I listed above!
- Illuminations of the Falls occur usually everyday from about 9-midnight (Check website for specific dates and times)
- Fireworks occur every Friday through Sunday night from May-August.
What did you guys think? Is Niagara Falls on your Go-To list?
2 thoughts on “Niagara Falls”
Niagara Falls is one of my fav. destinations for sure. Not only because it’s very close to me (I’m in Toronto!!) but simply because it’s just a beautiful region. your post is very cool and I really like the image., the only thing I would add to is that the Canada side really worth checking out. If you make it to Canada make sure you’ll visit Niagara On the Lake which is a small city 30 min away from the border. To get there take the Niagara parkway which is beautiful to drive on. cheers!!
Thanks for the comment! Next time I’m up, I’ll have to cross the border and visit Niagara on the Lake!
LikeLiked by 1 person